Monday, July 14, 2014

Google Drive

This has kind of been a rough week for me after having my wisdom teeth extracted.  Luckily, I have not been in nearly as much pain as I had feared.  I had heard so many horror stories from friends and family that I think I overestimated the amount of pain I might have.

Well, on to the task at hand.  This week in my grad class we have been working with Google Drive.  It is a tremendous resource for collaboration.  You can share a file with anyone, give them editing rights, and you can work on it together.  This is especially advantageous when you can’t all be in the same place at the same time.  Another advantage of Google Drive is if you are working on a collaborative project, say as a classroom, all people can have their input at the same time.  This presents an amazing opportunity for middle and high schoolers.  They all seem to have an opinion and don’t have the patience to wait to present that opinion.  If you would like information on how to share a document with someone have a peek at this video:
If you are the type of person that likes to see and talk to people while you collaborate then maybe you would be interested in Skype.  Skype is a program that allows you to video conference with other people that have the program.  To be able to use Skype you must have a computer or mobile device with a camera on it.  Here is a video tutorial on how to set up and use Skype:


No comments:

Post a Comment