Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Here I go again...(Whitesnake playing in my head)

Well, I’m back at this blogging thing.  This is one of the hardest things for me to do both professionally and personally.  It could very well be an issue of self-confidence.  Maybe, I don’t like to put myself out there because I don’t feel that anyone would really care what I have to say.  I have started my last full length class at Baker University on the path to my Master of Arts in Education.  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope there’s not a train at the other end.
This week our focus was on finding educational blogs, RSS Feeds, and Feedly.  Our instructor wanted us to find educational blogs that would be relevant and beneficial to us.  Maybe once I am done with my Masters I will actually have time to go back and read more of these blogs for pleasure, and not just as a part of an assignment.  It seems extremely overwhelming to me to keep up to date on some of my favorite blogs, but more on that later.
RSS Feeds are very useful to people that want to keep up on the latest on a particular topic.  RSS stands for Rich Site Summary; some often refer to it as Really Simple Syndication.  If you subscribe to an RSS Feed it will constantly search for any new information that is linked to the particular site that you have subscribed to.  As I previously stated, RSS Feeds really let you stay on top of the latest news about your topic.
            Finally, back to me being overwhelmed with keeping up with my favorite blogs.  Our instructor introduced me to this wonderful tool called, Feedly.  Feedly is a way for you to organize and keep track of your favorite blogs.  Feedly is not just for keeping track of your blogs though.  It allows you to keep track of any frequently updated publication.  These include, but are not limited to Podcasts and YouTube Channels.  Feedly is not just for your favorite web browser, there are apps for Android, Kindle, and iOS.  As of now I am only using it to keep track of blogs for my current course, but I am looking forward to using it to keep track of my personal interests like: Star Wars, Game of Thrones, the Marvel MCU, KC Royals, KC Chiefs, and Sporting KC.  Here is a short video showing you how to get started using Feedly.  This video is created by one of the blogs that I am currently following: Free Tech 4 Teachers.



No comments:

Post a Comment